401 unauthorized

25 10 2008

so all of a sudden i can’t get into mysites. i get the 401 unauthorized and i am totally baffled. I tried deleting the search scopes and re crawling all content. Nothing. I am stumped. Does this mean i have to call MS? I am actually still researching this behavior. I do have a full backup of the mysite configuration for a week ago but i am not sure if i can install over the top of this. This all happened after we patched the servers last week. here are some links: http://spforsquirrels.blogspot.com/2007/12/sharepoint-search-does-not-crawl-people.html http://blogs.msdn.com/cjohnson/archive/2006/09/15/754902.aspx http://gpeiris.blogspot.com/2007/03/event-id-6482-7888-6398-7076-errors.html

Success! i was able to figure out what to do to fix it. But i am baffled as to why it happened.

For some reason the root sps3 site was erased. This is a mystery and i can’t figure out how it go deleted. SO i created another mysite template host site and boom it worked.

Something happened when we patched the server that deleted it i think. I am not sure how else you can accidentally delete the root site.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: